December 24, 2012

!!! SAVED !!!

We are very proud to announce that Luke has asked Jesus into his Heart♥♥!!! He is Saved!!! What a wonderful Christmas present to Jesus for his birthday!!

You can only hope as a parent that your child accepts Jesus into their heart, so you will one day see them in Heaven. I am soo excited to know that both my boys will be joining us in the Kingdom of Heaven. I often wondered when that special day and time would happen for my boys to make that decision. I began to ponder what brought Luke to make this decision.(ofcourse I know it was our Heavenly Father..
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him" John 6:44)

From a parents perspective, this is what I know to be going on in our home for Luke to think about asking Jesus into his heart ...

Sadly, we all know and have seen the devastating news of the shooting in Connecticut. Matthew and Luke have had alot of questions about why some one would do such a horrible thing and want to hurt little kids. (the school has been discussing with them about what to do as well if this were to ever happen) We discussed that we never know when our time is up on earth and when Jesus wants us to go be with Him and how important it is to make sure that we have asked Jesus into our hearts and ask Him to forgive us of our sins. We have talked about God many times before this tragedy happened. God is the center of our life and home, but they see now with their little boy eyes and mind, just how important it really is. 

As you and I know, we are human and we tend to put aside what is really important and wait till we want to do what we should have done a long time ago, and it sadly takes a tragedy to be that wake up call for us to turn to Christ. I pray that will never be the case for anyone. 

 God turned this tragedy into a huge blessing for my son Luke, and Matthew to. (Matthew asked Jesus into his heart a while back, he did it all by himself =) He just didn't announce it to Justin and I when he did, but he reassures us that he has and we therefore believe that he has. Matthews wonderful heart shows it♥)

The other big topic the boys have seen and heard on the news and school, is that the world was going to end on Dec 21st, and they wanted to know why people believed that. We brought out the Bible and I showed them what the Word of God says.

 "Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you". Revelation 3:3 
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.
2 Peter 3:10

 Boy.. a few great topics discussed in our home eh? !! LoL! God has everything happen for a reason and this caused a little seed of information in their hearts to grow and gave them knowledge and understanding of God and who He is and why we need Him.



So last night after I put the boys to bed, ( I was getting ready for bed myself ) Luke came walking in my room and said "Mom!" with a big shy grin on his face, I said "Ya Luke" and he said " I want to ask Jesus into my heart!" I was filled with joy!!! I asked him if he already did or if he wanted to say a prayer with me asking Jesus into his heart. He said he didn't know how but that he wants to say a prayer with me. So we sat on the bed together and I prayed over Luke first, (he was giggling, he giggles like his momma when he's nervous) and then I said a prayer that he could say and repeated after me. He has asked Jesus into his Heart and he accepts that Jesus is his Lord and Savior and he asked that he be forgiven of his sins!!
 Luke has been Born Again!! Yes he is only 7 years old, but the Lord drew Luke to Him at that very moment and Luke did what he knew his little heart wanted to do. I am so proud of Luke and Matthew for making this very important decision of their lives. They made this decision all by themselves... it is their choice. And as their mother.. i couldn't be happier! What momma wouldn't ??!! Heaven is rejoicing !!

Dec 23rd at approximately 11 o'clock at night will forever be remembered. 

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him"
John 6:44

"we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe"
1 Tim 4:10

 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

 "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
John 5:24
♥Welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven Lukey! ♥
I pray you walk humbly with the Lord your God all your life! 

In the Bible 
the name Luke means =Light
the name Matthew means = gift of God

Have you asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior? Please don't wait! You never know when your time is up! Call out to Him and He will listen and you will be saved! ♥
'Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me'
Revelation 3:20

"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"
Mark 1:15

The Christian life is a personal walk with God, but not a private one!

No comments: